Monday, March 22, 2010

Slow Cooker Pork Roast

I decided to add this one today since I'm literally sitting here eating the leftovers and I'm reminded again how awesome this is. Our house is a full one, and last night this dinner was made for 8 of us, 5 being kids, and EVERYONE loved it. The kids were actually fighting over the last carrot!

I did tweak it a bit by adding the carrots. I also served it with egg noodles and used the broth from the pork on the noodles to add flavor. I also steamed some asparagus to go on the side and of course served some crescent rolls. The crescent rolls are a favorite it our house.


Just so everyone knows, I'm not claiming all of these recipes as my own, I'm merely using this blog to feature recipes that my family, friends and I have enjoyed. It might save you the time of tirelessly searching recipe sites for good stuff, only to try it and find out it really sucks! Anything I post here is something I've had success with :-) The original recipe can be found on all recipes.com under tangy pork roast, but the one below is the one with my changes.


Ingredients

1 large onion, sliced
1 bag baby carrots
2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1 cup hot water
1/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste

Directions

Arrange onion slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, and then place the roast on top of the onion. Place the baby carrots in the crock pot around the edges of the pork loin. In a bowl, mix together water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and hot sauce; pour over roast.
Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or on High for 3 to 4 hours.

*Tip - the longer you cook it the more it falls apart! I usually do mine for about 9 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment